Grilled Chicken Pineapple Kabobs
Super satisfying Chicken Pineapple Kabobs made with sweet pineapple, onions, bell peppers and the succulent marinated chicken. After soaking up the seasoning of the marinade they can be grilled or baked - either way they are delicious!
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 lbs. organic chicken breast cut into equal sized chunks
- 1/2 lb. Whole30 compliant sausage or not, if you're not eating Whole30, cut into equal sized chunks
- 1 yellow onion cut into equal sized chunks
- 1 red bell pepper cut into equal sized chunks
- 2 cups fresh pineapple cut into equal sized chunks
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos or soy sauce if you're not eating Whole30
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
Be sure to soak wood skewers in water for 30 minutes prior to cooking. (You can also opt for these stainless steel versions.)
In a large bowl combine chicken, sausage, and veggies.
In a small bowl, whisk together avocado oil, lime juice, coconut aminos, salt and pepper. Pour on top of the meat and veggies. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 8 hours.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees or grill to medium-high heat.
Place meat on skewers, leaving a little space and not pushing them too tightly together, but still touching so that the peppers, onions, and pineapple are rubbing off all of their delicious flavors onto the meat.
Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes, rotating once halfway through or grill for 11-13 minutes on medium high heat, until cooked through.
Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 594mg | Potassium: 603mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 552IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg