Roasted Root Vegetable Skewers
These skewers are perfect for fall and Thanksgiving!
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 parsnips
- 10 small yukon gold potatoes cut in half
- 10 small purple potatoes cut in half
- 10 small russet potatoes cut in half
- 2 Tbsp. refined olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. sea salt or kosher salt
- ½ Tbsp. pepper
- A few sprigs of rosemary, thyme, and dill. (Feel free to substitute for your own favorite herbs or what you have on hand.)
- 8 wooden or metal skewers metal is actually easier, but these wooden ones worked, too.
- 1 c. greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. assorted fresh chopped herbs we used rosemary, thyme, and dill
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Roasted Root Veggie Skewers:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Cut veggies into even size pieces. This helps to ensure that they cook evenly. Place them in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and herbs. Mix well with your hands until evenly coated.
Spread veggies evenly on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes. This helps to soften them so that you can get them on the skewers.
Once the veggies are soft enough for the skewers to pierce, remove them from the oven. Allow to cool for 10 minutes so that they aren't too hot to the touch.
Fill the skewers with the veggies-- ours held about 8-10 pieces. Try to leave a little space in between each piece so that they can roast more evenly. Add an additional sprinkle of herbs and place back in the oven for an additional 20-25 minutes.
Calories: 634kcal | Carbohydrates: 134g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 1546mg | Potassium: 3513mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 4890IU | Vitamin C: 71mg | Calcium: 189mg | Iron: 12mg