The Capsule Pantry: Sloppy Joe's
I was never a fan of sloppy joe's as a kid but then I started experimenting and came to the conclusion after this recipes, that I love Sloppy Joe's. My favorite way to eat it is over zucchini noodles!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound ground meat vegetarians can substitute 1 ½ c cooked lentils
- 2 tablespoons oil I use coconut
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ c tomatoes canned or boxed
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup aminos or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Optional: 1 Green or Red Sweet Pepper
- Bread/buns or sweet potatoes or zucchini noodles for serving
Cut up onion (and pepper if using) and garlic.
Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium.
Cook onions (and peppers) for about 4 minutes, then add garlic, cook for a minute more.
Add ground meat and break it up, cook through..
Now add ketchup, aminos, and tomatoes, stir to combine.
Turn heat to low and cook for 10-15 minutes.
Serve on a baked sweet potatoes, zucchini noodles or traditionally on bread/bun as a sandwich.
Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1741mg | Potassium: 494mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 231IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 3mg