The Pantry Capsule: Warm Kale & Sweet Potato Salad
Warm salads are so great for dinner, they make you feel full and happy when maybe a cold salad won't do. Either way this salad will satisfy. Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Vegetarian.
Servings: 5 servings
- 5-6 cups of kale chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled if you desire, cubed
- ¼ teaspoon
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 tablespoon oil ‘
- 1 cup cooked quinoa lentils, rice, or couscous can work as well
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup nuts or dried fruit
- ½ cup coconut milk canned
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon mustard I used dijon
- 3 tablespoons honey to taste
- 2 tablespoons vinegar I used apple cider
- 1 clove garlic pressed or minced or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Pinch of pepper
Set oven to 400 degrees.
Prepare quinoa (or other grain)
Spread potatoes on a baking sheet, evenly drizzle oil over, and sprinkle salt and pepper. Roast for 20-30 minutes until cooked through.
Remove kale from stem, chop and place in a large bowl.
Combine dressing ingredients and whisk well.
Allow sweet potatoes to cool for 5-8 minutes, then add to quinoa along with quinoa.
Add nuts, dried fruit or chickpeas if using.
Pour dressing over and toss.
I like to add the grains and potatoes while they are still warm. This can also just be refrigerated and served cold.
Dressing is a creamy yet zingy play on honey mustard, the recipe yields 1 ½ cups and keeps for up to 2 weeks, may need to be thawed to room temp if coconut milk solidifies and shaken or re-whisked.
Calories: 486kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 398mg | Potassium: 759mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 14071IU | Vitamin C: 82mg | Calcium: 147mg | Iron: 4mg