Bacon, Pesto, and Ricotta Breakfast Pizza Recipe with Mixed Greens and Sunny Egg
(makes 2 pizzas)
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 pizzas
- 2 pizza crusts we found a great, fresh option at Central Market here in Austin or you can make this recipe which I've done in the past and is delish!
- 1/4 c. pesto
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzerella cheese
- 1/2 c. ricotta cheese
- 6 slices of nitrate free black forest bacon cut into thirds (cooked about 80% through since it will continue to cook once on the pizza)
- 1/2 Tbsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. mixed greens
- 2 pinches of lemon juice
- a couple pinches of salt and pepper
Begin with your pizza crust. I always like to cook it about halfway through before adding toppings despite what the crust directions might say. Also, I like to cook it at 450 degrees if baking in the oven for a crispier crust. Just reduce the cooking time and keep an eye on it.
Remove both crusts from the oven and add pesto, mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, bacon, and crushed red pepper flakes, splitting the amounts between each crust. Place back into the oven and bake until edges begin to brown and cheese is slightly golden.
Meanwhile, cook your four sunny side up eggs, seasoning with salt and pepper, and set aside.
Remove pizzas from the oven. Top each with two eggs, half of the mixed greens, a pinch of lemon juice, and a sprinkle or two of salt and pepper. Serve immediately!
Calories: 1905kcal | Carbohydrates: 205g | Protein: 79g | Fat: 85g | Saturated Fat: 35g | Cholesterol: 450mg | Sodium: 3596mg | Potassium: 635mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4174IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 906mg | Iron: 15mg