Spicy Glass Noodle Salad Recipe
Delicious and spicy glass noodles with succulent shrimp and minced pork. Easy and so tasty!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 oz dried bean thread noodles soaked for 30 minutes and boiled for 10 seconds and drained
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 pound of shrimp minced (substitute w/ soy bean protein and mushrooms for vegetarian
- 1/4 pound of pork minced (substitute w/ soy bean protein and mushrooms for vegetarian
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 to matoes chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1-2 shallots sliced thinly
- 2 green onions cut into ¼ inch pieces (use both the green and white parts)
- 1-2 Thai chilies
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 2 tsp palm sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoon fish sauce or soy sauce and fermented soy bean paste for vegetarian option
Heat oil in a medium sauté pan, add garlic, and fry until fragrant.
Add minced pork and shrimp and stir occasionally until cooked, about 2 minutes. Add soy sauce to taste.
Add water to moisten and turn off the heat. Mix all ingredients and the cooked meat in a mixing bowl.
Make dressing by pounding all the ingredients using mortar and pestle or in a food chopper/processor.
Pour dressing on top of the mixture a little bit at a time and make sure that it won’t be too much dressing and mix well.
Taste and add more dressing if desired.
Calories: 410kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 1567mg | Potassium: 402mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 747IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 3mg