Whether you’ve already sent out the invitations or are just dreaming of hosting your own soiree, keep reading for three easy holiday menus for any kind of gathering!
One of the most enjoyable part of this busy holiday season, is the welcome excuse to gather with friends and family. Whether it’s a low-key afternoon cookie exchange, a family dinner or an adults-only couples party that you’re considering, don’t wait another day to invite people into your home and deepen those relationships.
One of the biggest barriers to hosting can be the menu, which is why we wanted to share these easy holiday menus today! Also, don’t be afraid to ask your guests to participate by assigning them a dish! People are typically more than happy to contribute. What’s the party you’re most looking forward to this holiday?
1.The Heavy Appetizer Holiday Menu
If you have trouble narrowing down your guest list, this is the menu for you! It’s suited for large crowds, mingling and conversation. My mom is actually the master of the heavy appetizer menu. Fill up your dining room with easy to access bite sized appetizers and then create other areas around the house for people to settle in and dine if they wish.
This is great if it’s more of an open house style gathering where people will come and go. For more easy holiday menus, keep reading below!
An over-flowing winter cheese board via What do You Crave?
Goat Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates via Half Baked Harvest
Cranberry Orange Meatballs via The Defined Dish
Sweet Potato Crostinis via Camille Styles
Peppered Beef Skewers with Easy Bearnaise Sauce via Sprinkles and Sprouts
Spicy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms via Unicorns in the Kitchen
Shop the Appetizer Table:
2.The Italian Feast Holiday Menu
I don’t know why, but Italian food always seems conducive to dinner parties! There is so much that can be made ahead of time and the richness of the dishes always feels particularly festive! Bonus points: These short ribs can be made in the slow-cooker!
Tomato Crostini with Whipped Feta via Barefoot Contessa
The Perfect Kale Caesar Salad via Craving California
Red Wine Braised Short Ribs via Coley Cooks
Creamy Cauliflower Puree via Skinny Taste
Italian Rainbow Cookies via Sugar and Charm
The Italian Tabletop:
The Traditional Christmas Holiday Menu
Sometimes you can’t go wrong with tradition– especially when that tradition is a Christmas ham that can be prepared in a slow cooker! Easy, peasy! This holiday menu is perfect for Christmas Day or an early holiday celebration among friends, kids included! Keep reading for all of the yummy recipes!
Garlic Herb Roasted Shrimp Cocktail via Joyful Healthy Eats
Candied Bacon Baked Brie via Blackberry Babe
Slow Cooker Spiral Sliced Ham with Mustard Sauce via Good Life Eats
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Mayo Mustard Dressing via Primavera Kitchen
Hasselback Potatoes via Went Here 8 This
Flourless Chocolate Souffle Cakes via Coley Cooks
Shop the Christmas Table:
Top Tips For Easy Holiday Menus
- Don’t be afraid to ask your guests to participate by assigning them a dish! People are typically more than happy to contribute.
- Stuck for time? Go for make ahead dishes that you can store in the fridge at least a day in advance.
- A Christmas ham is a crowd pleasing main and easy to do in the slow cooker!
- Get creative with your table setting. One simple way to add colour and a personal touch is with napkins. Roll napkins and wrap with contrasting ribbon in satin, velvet, lace, sequinned elastic, or brightly coloured wool. Paper napkins come in all types of prints and patterns and can look just as elegant as linen.
Check Out These Other Great Meal Plan Ideas
- 30 Weeknight Meal Ideas To Refresh Your Meal Plan
- The Double Everything and Freeze It Meal Plan
- The 5 Day Vacation Detox Meal Plan
- Dinnertime and Meal Planning as a Family of Four
Have you tried any of these holiday menus? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!