Do you hear that? The sound of pencils sharpening, lockers slamming, and notes passing in the halls? Class is back in session and we (Caitlin & Caitlin) are missing that familiar “back to school” feeling we used to have. Showing off how trendy and tan you were after like totally maturing over summer made the end of vacation so much easier. Though those days are behind us, we still think you deserve a scholastic style start come September, even years after you’ve earned your diploma.
Here’s our grown up back to school guide to incorporating new pieces into your home that compliment what you already have:
- Paint a room one of the more tertiary colors from your Crayola box.
- Try cheeky stationary in your home office for a fun, “fresh start” feeling while you get little work done.
- Start with a piece you love and build around it—like a credenza or a painting.
- Switch out that eyesore (like a dated DVD rack) with something equally functional and much more beautiful.
- Change out or add throw pillows for a quick, affordable new look.
- Get rid of that piece from your past and find something that shows off your grown up tastes and sophistication.
- Layer with things like smalls and area rugs to give your space a cozy feel in time for fall.
It seems our favorite retailers want to be a straight A students this year, or at least are bringing their A game to the marketplace. Here are some new, affordable pieces that we are begging our moms (jk, we wish!) to buy.