Hey everyone, Jessi here! I am super excited to be sharing a delicious and easy weeknight recipe with you all. I have a serious love for Mexican food and basically anything with peppers, lime and cilantro. Oh and don't forget the margaritas! Cinco de Mayo is quickly approaching and this is a perfect dish to quickly put together and bake in the oven while you prepare a pitcher of margaritas to share with family and friends. I like to pick up a rotisserie chicken to save time preparing this dinner. You can also make the filling ahead of time since I know we all love a quick, easy, and delicious dinner! I hope you enjoy!
Goat Cheese and Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- 4 bell peppers, deseeded and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 oz goat cheese (chevre)
- 4 oz canned green chilies
- 1 cup salsa
- 2.5 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cups zucchini, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the peppers in half from top to bottom and scoop out the seeds and place them in the pan with the inside of the pepper facing up.
- Drizzle the peppers with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and roast for 15 minutes.
- While the peppers are roasting combine the goat cheese, green chilies, salsa, chicken, zucchini and cilantro and mix until combined.
- After you pull the peppers out of the oven fill each one with about a ½ cup of filling and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Top the peppers with guacamole and chopped cilantro and serve immediately.
Super easy recipe and unique way of celebrating cinco de mayo