It's not every day you see me here in sneakers, now is it? For our latest My Life, Styled post I thought it would be fun to talk about fitness and my own personal fitness journey over the last year. It's been really fun and exciting and I have to say that, as small as it sounds, sometimes new workout clothes are a really good motivator! If you need a little more than a new outfit to get you out the door and into a gym, here are 5 benefits of exercising that you might not know:
1. People who exercise are less likely to get the flu. Every sweat session you do boosts your autoimmune activity for 24 hours! (Fitness Magazine)
2. People who exercise are happier and less stressed. Sounds like a win-win to me! (Self Magazine)
3. People who exercise have better sex! Yep, true story! (Everyday Health)
4. People who exercise during the day, sleep better at night. (Huffington Post)
5. Exercise can help reduce wrinkles and relieve acne prone skin. (Daily Glow)
Convinced yet? The weather is getting warmer and the days are getting longer so there is no better time to lace up those running shoes and get started!
My Look: Shoes, NIKE / Pants, NIKE / Top, Lululemon (Similar) / Watch, Target / Vest, Joules (Similar)
All so true, and SOOOO important! I attribute nearly all of my mental/physical/emotional health to both exercise and the grace of God, and even though each of these areas have their ups and downs... To me, a good workout makes nearly anything feel better. 🙂 XO!
I have been sick the last few days and haven't been able to work out and boy do I feel a difference. I am addicted to Pilates and yoga and swear it has made me healthier in general. (Other than the last few days!)
Stephanie Guillory says
Where is your red vest actually from? Love it!
I got it in London! The brand is Joules 🙂
Love this post! You look adorable in your exercise duds! I have been working out religiously since college and it always makes me feel like a million dollars afterwards! 🙂