Happy long weekend, friends! It’s hard to believe that Labor Day and the unofficial end to summer is actually upon us. As much as I have loved these long sun-drenched days, I have to admit that I am looking forward to cool, fall evenings and a new fall wardrobe! Last week Blair and I took a field trip down to Abbot Kinney in Venice where we visited the Scotch & Soda store and previewed the new Maison Scotch collection. I am totally digging their fall color palette and all of the mixed prints and textures. I have a feeling I am going to live in these silk pants this season! If you’re looking for some long weekend reads, here are some of our favorites from around the web this week…
- Erin’s brown butter spaghetti with squash and kale sounds like the perfect way to welcome in fall. Anybody else salivating already?
- Technically this is from last week, but better late than never. Fashion’s youngest star interviews fashions oldest.
- I am in love with all of the girly details of Julia’s place, designed by the very talented Caitlin Flemming.
- Dying to try these lobster rolls… trip to Montauk anyone?
- We launched our fall footwear campaign with Coach this week! I am dying over the entire collection!
- Notes on a selfie…
- I am going to be here working in LA next week, while fashion week is taking place in NYC. One of these is sure to help me forget what I’m missing out on.
- Refinery 29’s 50 top fashion moments of the summer might be the best way to say so long to our favorite season.
- Or if you need just one last summer bite, Gaby’s Chocolate Chip S’mookies might be just the ticket!
- After plenty of window shopping, this might have to be my next fall purchase!