Easily preserve your favorite fresh herbs with these olive oil-herb cubes. They are perfect for sauteeing veggies, meats, or adding flavor to soups.
- Fresh herbs
- Ice cube tray
- Organic olive oil or melted butter
- Chop fresh herbs of your choice, I like to keep mine on the rougher side, but finely chopped works too. Here I froze individual herbs with olive oil in one tray, labeled, and in another a combination of my favorite herbs (think herbs de provence).
- Pack the wells of ice cube trays about 2/3 full.
- Pour extra-virgin olive oil or melted butter over the herbs.
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- Remove the frozen cubes and store in labeled freezer friendly containers or bags.