It’s creamy, with just a hint of cinnamony sweetness. Plus has a little surprise crunch with toasted brown sugar pecans swirled in. This nice cream scooped onto a grilled peach is literally what summer tastes like.
- 5 ripe peaches
- 1 tsp oil
- 4 frozen ripe bananas
- 1 can organic coconut cream, refrigerated*
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- ½ c chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp oil
- Line a 9”x5” bread pan with parchment paper.
- Combine frozen bananas, coconut cream, vanilla, cinnamon, and honey in a blender or food processor.
- Cream together, occasionally scrape down the sides and continue to blend until smooth, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and place in freezer.
- Over med-low heat, add oil to small saute pan and add chopped pecans. Stir to toast for about 3 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and turn to low, stirring as brown sugar melts for about 2-3 minutes (watch carefully so you don’t burn it).
- Once sugar has melted pour out onto a piece of parchment and flatten with a spatula.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes, then pull crisp and ice cream out.
- Break up crisp with a wooden spoon into pieces to create a crumbled mixture.
- Swirl this into the ice cream and then cover with plastic wrap, allowing the wrap to touch the top of the ice cream.
- Place back in freezer for 3-6 hours until frozen solid.
- Peel off plastic wrap and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes to soften before scooping.
- Cut peaches in half and remove pit, then brush each cut side with oil.
- Place cut-side down on grill for 4 to 5 minutes. Flip the peaches and cook until tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Scoop nice cream and serve over warm peaches.
*Best if coconut cream can has been refrigerated overnight.