These wings are super easy and perfect for game day (or any day really!). You only need a few ingredients, that you likely have in your pantry to make the perfect homemade crispy wing.
- 3 lbs of organic chicken wings
- 1 ¼ tbsp BAKING POWDER (I recommend this brand— if you are eating clean you will want to ensure it is grain free and aluminum free baking powder)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Non-stick spray
- Pat wings dry with paper towels;
Toss wings in baking powder and salt;
Bake at 250F/120C for 30 minutes, then at 425F/220C for 40 – 50 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Set oven to 250 F degrees, adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions.
- Line a baking tray with parchment (or foil) then place a rack like a cooling rack on top of the tray. Spray the rack with non-stick spray.
- Use a paper towel to pat the wings dry (don’t skip this step, you want your wings dry!).
- Place wings in a large bowl or in a ziplock bag. Add the baking powder and salt and pepper then toss to coat evenly.
- Place the wings on the cooling rack in a single layer with the skin side up, closely in rows. (They will shrink when they cook because the fat renders out.)
- Place wings on the lower middle oven rack and bake for 30 minutes at 250.
- Then, move wings up to the upper middle rack and increase the oven temperature to 425 F, Bake for 40 – 50 minutes.
- Let sit for 3-5 minutes then toss wings in sauce of choice or serve it on the side.
These are best eaten soon after coming from the oven. They are still great after sitting, but they will not be as crispy since the sauce will soak in.