These donuts are moist, spiced, and have that perfect zingy sweetness from their unique goat cheese glaze.
- ¼ c brown sugar
- ¼ c coconut sugar
- ⅓ c avocado oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ¼ c shredded carrots
- 1 ½ c gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp all spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ c chopped walnuts or pecans for topping
- 3 oz goat cheese, slightly melted (I used this brand)
- 1 ½ c powder sugar, sifted
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp milk (I used almond)
- Set oven to 425 degrees, grease a donut pan.
- Combine oil and sugar, mix well.
- Add remaining wet ingredients and combine well.
- Add your dry ingredients and fold in until a thick batter is formed.
- Add your batter to a piping bag (or a ziploc with the end cut off) and pipe into your donut pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- While these bake combine goat cheese, vanilla, milk, ½ c powdered sugar and whisk until combined, then add the remaining cup of powdered sugar until a glaze is formed.
- Dip each donut in the glaze gently. Top with chopped pecans or walnuts.