Happy Friday, friends! We were in the studio this week shooting a Valentine’s Day story with a handful of amazing, creative women, just having the best time when someone exclaimed, “Isn’t Valentine’s Day more fun to celebrate with girls?!” Okay, that someone was me and yes, I love celebrating with Aaron, too, but there is something so fun and over-the-top girly about this holiday that it just kind of feels made for living it up with your best gals! To that end, we have a whole host of fun things planned for you and your girl gang these next two weeks. First up? This DIY floral wrapping paper brought to you by Maritza Lisa. Isn’t it gorgeous? (I’ve already pinned for safe keeping for Mother’s Day, too!) If flowers aren’t your thing, keep in mind you can use this same technique for creating any kind of custom printed paper. Take it away, Maritza!
What You’ll Need:
- Silhouette Studio(there is a free online version) or any graphic software that you already own
- Paper (I used plain white printer paper)
- Color Printer
- A .PNG image of a flower (or flowers) – you can click here for the one I used.
- In Silhouette Studio, create a new document
- Merge your floral image onto the new document
- Adjust the size and angle (if you want) of the image
- Use the Replicate tool to repeat throughout the page
- Print onto 8.5 x 11 in paper
Note: if you decide to make your own .PNG image, I took a picture of fake flowers on a bright white background. I then created my .PNG file using Adobe Photoshop Elements.
Now it’s time to wrap those pretty gifts with your pretty paper. How happy will the recipients of your gifts be when they find out that you designed and made their gift wrap?
Tutorial and Photos by Maritza Lisa for The Effortless Chic