Living in a city like Los Angeles, I sometimes feel a little guilty that, with a vast array of choices at our fingertips, Aaron and I constantly frequent the same handful of our favorite shops and restaurants. We definitely need to start branching out every once in awhile. That is probably why I couldn't say yes fast enough when Lexie White pitched the idea of doing a Date Night series! I believe my reply was probably like, "Yes! When can it start? Are you so excited? I am SO excited! Every week? Done!" This week we are starting locally here in southern california, so if you don't live here be sure to add these things to your list on your next visit! (And be sure to leave us a comment below and let us know what are your favorite date night spots.) Take it away, Lexie...
In a big city like Los Angeles, it can be difficult to come up with creative, affordable date ideas for you and your man. The easiest way to divide and conquer Los Angeles is by location, because my idea of a date isn’t starting it off with road rage. Our first stop? Malibu...
1. Malibu Country Mart – Malibu Country Mart is located right off of the PCH and has some of the best shopping boutiques around for you and your guy. For a casual lunch, I would recommend John’s Garden, and for a romantic, delicious Greek dinner, Taverna Tony’s is your best bet.
2. Getty Villa – The Getty Villa is the perfect date destination for an educational adventure. Not only is admission free, but you’ll also learn about Roman history, complete with a breathtaking, scenic background.
3. Malibu Pier- First of all, this location serves as the ideal spot for a “mupload.” The Malibu Pier has tons of activities, be they a coastal harbor tour, or the surf museum. Also, if your date turns out to be boring, you’ll have a wonderful view of ever-so-studly surfer bros.
4. Duke’s – Hands down, the best views of Malibu! Did I mention the amazing drinks, as well? This date spot is ideal for any California evening, particularly when the sunset is just taking place.
5. Farmer’s Market – There are countless Farmer’s Markets located around Malibu. My personal favorite is the Culver City Farmer’s Market every Tuesday. You’ll be able to walk around sampling foods, not to mention great people watching. Be on the lookout for Sconeage Bakery. If there is no love connection between you and your date, expect one from the granola.