Dairy free but you’d never know, you will be shocked by the rich and cheesy taste of this pasta. It’s guilt free and so good.
- 1 – 8 oz box of gluten free penne pasta*, I used this brand
- 1 – 4 oz package of prosciutto
- ½ c sundried tomatoes marinated in olive oil**
- ¾ c marinated artichoke hearts, drained & roughly chopped**
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium onion, julian
- Optional: fresh oregano
- 1 c full fat coconut milk, canned
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- Boil water and cook pasta as instructed on the box.
- Drizzle oil onto a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until softened, stirring occasionally (about 3-4 minutes).
- While onions cook, whisk together sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Tear prosciutto into bite size pieces and add to onions.
- Cook prosciutto and onions for 3 minutes, stirring over med-low.
- Add sundried tomatoes, artichokes, and chopped garlic and stir together, cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over ingredients, stir, and cook on medium-low for 3 more minutes.
- Finally, add cooked pasta and stir to incorporate over low heat.
- Serve topped with fresh oregano.
*When cooking a gluten free pasta, always start checking it between 6-7 minutes for doneness, do not overcook or your pasta will become mealy and fall apart. Always rinse with cold water immediately to stop it from up cooking. Whole wheat or white penne pasta can be substituted if you are not gluten free.
**For best flavor and texture, these should be marinated in a glass jar if available.