Chartreuse…even its name sounds stylish. Can't you just picture a glamorous Parisian woman with perfectly lined lips whispering the word in some foreign film? Maybe that's because the term originated from a French liqueur of the same hue that was first introduced in the 1700's, but there's just something about this color that is sexy, sassy fresh and fun all at the same time. So, in honor of the approaching summer months where you can rock this shade with reckless abandon, we bring to you a round-up of one of our preferred pigments--no matter the season.
Five reasons we're endlessly enchanted by chartreuse:
1. It somehow simultaneously pulls off a vibe of vintage and modern.
2. It looks amazing as an accent with the Pantone color of the year, emerald (try it, you'll love!).
3. It's undeniably happy...and our mantra just happens to be "life in happy hues."
4. Summer basically begs for this color. On a bikini. In a drink. Floating on a cool lake.
5. There couldn't be a more perfect pair to one of our favorite staples, gray. And hundreds of other colors, for that matter.
GET THE LOOK:
Post by Caitlin + Caitlin
Sara Almeida says
Can you believe I'm just moving to my first house and it has a lot of this color? I didn't quite like it at beggining but i'm starting to enjoy!
love your blog, mine is https://littleyellowhapiness.wordpress.com/
I've had a love affair with chartreuse for years!
jaime @ laviejaime says
ohh i want #5. this is such a unique/strong color for decor.