This Vodka Lemonade with Lavender Cocktail is fresh and zingy with a subtle floral finish. Cocktail recipes don’t get much easier than this, but it is such an elegant drink to serve. Perfect for all your summer party needs!
Is this the wrong time to admit that I day dream about my first post-pregnancy cocktail? (I have a sneaking suspicion it’s going to be a margarita!) I won’t let my own restrictions keep me from passing along some of my favorite cocktail recipes, though. After all, what is Valentine’s Day if not an excuse to indulge in some sweet treats and cocktails? Our lemon trees in the backyard have been going crazy the last couple of months, so this was the perfect excuse to get rid of some of our citrus surplus. There are a few different ways you can put this one together, but I have been very into keeping things simple these days, so that’s the route we took with this recipe.
How to make this Vodka Lemonade with Lavender Cocktail Recipe
Simply combine the first five ingredients plus two stems of the lavender in a cocktail shaker and shake at least thirty times. Pour into a cocktail glass and garnish with the remaining lavender. Pretty simple, right?
Easy Vodka Lemonade Recipe
So, you could combine water, sugar, and lavender in a saucepan over heat and make a pretty delicious simple syrup for this one, but I have been trying to keep things simple these days! I love cocktails that require no prep, you simply need to grab the ingredients and shake them up!
Cocktail recipe with fresh lavender
The fresh lavender really lifts this cocktail, from something very simple to something elegant and delicate. Just a little is used, so it’s not an overpowering taste, it just add a subtle floral note. I love to use the fresh lavender as garnish, it not only adds a pop of color, but the aroma will hit you before you take a sip.
Be sure to buy culinary grade lavender which is available in most stores now.
Vodka Batch Cocktail
This recipe makes two delicious cocktails, but if you are looking to serve more people, you can easily double or triple this and batch it. Simply make up the cocktails in the shaker and pour into a large jug. Keep the jug in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.
Top tips for making this Vodka Lemonade with Lavender Cocktail
- Meyer lemon juice is preferable as it is less acidic, and fresh is always best!
- Shake the cocktail shaker for about thirty seconds until the shaker is ice cold.
- You can make the cocktail ahead of time – make it up and keep it in the fridge.
- Garnish the rim with lemon sugar and add a sprig of fresh lavender.
Be sure to check out these other delicious cocktail recipes!
Mojito Elderflower Cocktail by Slow The Cook Down
The Bootleg Cocktail by Cookie and Kate
If you have tried this cocktail, be sure to give me a star rating and let me know what you thought!
Cocktail Hour // Vodka Lavender Lemonade
- 6 white sugar cubes
- 2 ounces cold water
- 4 ounces fresh squeezed meyer lemon juice
- 4 ounces vodka
- four stems of lavender
- Like I said, you could combine water, sugar, and lavender in a saucepan over heat and make a pretty delicious simple syrup for this one, but I have been trying to keep things simple these days. Instead, combine first five ingredients plus two stems of the lavender in a cocktail shaker and shake at least thirty times. Pour into a cocktail glass and garnish with the remaining lavender. Pretty simple, right?
Photos by Melissa Valladares
Cocktail glasses by West Elm