Hardy with a little spice. I love this meal for a well rounded plate of delicious food. Plus, it’s so flexible to what you like! Refer to our Pantry Capsule list if you need to stock up.
- 1 tablespoon oil, ghee or butter
- 3 large potatoes, sweet or russet, peeled if you like
- ½ tsp garlic
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- ½ cups broth
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil, butter or ghee
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tsp vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb. chicken, cubed – OR – shrimp – OR – tofu
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- Optional: hot sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with water, add potatoes and bring to a boil, cook for 15-20 minutes until soft.
- I like to keep these rustic and chunky by simply smashing and adding salt, butter/oil, milk, broth, cheese. Continuing mashing until well combined.
- Add the butter/oil over medium heat.
- Add protein to the pan and sprinkle with seasonings. Cook through, set aside.
- Heat the butter/oil in a nonstick over medium heat
- Add the greens, garlic, vinegar and saute until soft/wilted.
- Serve protein and kale over mash and drizzle with hot sauce.
If you’re not a kale/greens person, just warm up some frozen peas to add a little green to your dish.