If you aren’t a curry fan, or maybe you’ve never tried it, this is the place to start. Creamy, rich and not overpowering in curry flavor. Perfect for meatless mondays though you can totally throw in some chicken if that’s your thing! Super filling and easy. Gluten free, dairy free and vegetarian.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 potato, peeled, cut into small cubes
- 3 cloves large garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Curry Paste
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 tablespoons aminos or soy sauce
- 15 baby tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Optional: 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 4 cups cooked rice or quinoa
- Cook rice or quinoa.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over a medium high heat. Add onions and potatoes, cook, stirring occasionally until potatoes have softened (about 8 minutes).
- Then, add garlic, curry paste and ¼ cup of coconut milk, set aside remaining. Stir until curry is dissolved.
- Add chickpeas, soy sauce and remaining coconut milk. Bring to a boil for cook 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, honey and vinegar. Turn to low and Simmer 3-4 minutes.
- Serve over rice or quinoa and top with fresh cilantro and a side of naan or pita.
If you really feel the need for meat in this dish, simply start your protein when you cook your onions. This dish is great with chicken thighs or pulled pork.