Part of our Pantry Capsule series, this super simple stir fry is full of flavor and can be a peanut sauce or a traditional style stir fry, plus offers the option of choosing your favorite protein. Gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian options.
- 1 lb meat of protein, I used chicken thighs (other great options: tofu, shrimp, beef)
- 1 bag of frozen oriental vegetables
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 half onion, chopped
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Optional: 1 cup frozen edamame, 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 ½ c rice or quinoa, uncooked
- 4 tbsp aminos or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honeys
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Optional, for a peanut sauce: 2 tbsp peanut butter or nut butter of choice (Pic’s is my favorite!)
- Cook rice or quinoa with broth or water.
- Measure sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together, set aside.
- Heat a saute pan with oil on medium, add onions and saute until clear (about 3-4 minutes), then add protein and garlic, cook through.
- In the same pan add frozen veggies, spices, and salt and pepper and stir for 3 minutes, then pour sauce over mixture and stir for 2 more minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice or quinoa and sprinkled with sesame seeds.