A simple week night meal packed with tex-mex flavor using simple ingredients from our Capsule Pantry.
- 2 tortillas
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch of crushed red pepper (optional for extra heat)
- 4 tbsp salsa
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp & 1 tsp oil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: cherry tomatoes, cilantro, and avocado for garnish
- In a small food processor/blender (or you can simply use the back of fork if you don’t mind it chunkier) add beans, garlic, cumin, chili powder, 1 tbsp of oil, a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix or mash until well blended, set aside.
- Heat a small saute pan with 1 tbsp oil on medium high, add tortillas to oil and cook until slightly browned. Set aside.
- In the same skillet crack your egg (if you’re experienced at frying eggs feel free to go ahead and do as many as you can fit at once). As the oil gets hotter you’ll see it start to change the color of the eggs. If the oil starts to spit it’s because it’s too hot, so turn the heat down. Cook until the tops of the whites are set but the yolk is still runny.
- Spread the bean mixture over a tortilla then add salsa and top each with an egg. Add a bit more salsa, top with fresh tomato, cilantro, and avocado. Sprinkle a bit more salt (if needed) and crushed red pepper to taste.