Easy Tacos from our Capsule Pantry series. Throw these together for a filling lunch or a quick dinner.
- 5–6 servings
- 1 lb ground meat or shredded chicken
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped or minced
- ½ c salsa
- 1 carton baby (cherry) tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 can black beans or 1 cup of frozen corn, your choice
- Salt & pepper
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 5–6 Tortillas
- Optional: shredded cheese, avocado
- Bring oil to medium-high add chopped onions cook until translucent.
- Add meat in skillet over medium heat about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, drain if needed.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic, and chili powder.
- Stir salsa into meat. Cook for 5 minutes on low, stirring occasionally. If using, add corn or black beans and warm for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat tortillas in microwave for a few seconds.
- Serve tacos with meat mixture, tomato, avocado and cheese.