Easy and filling, these Capsule Pantry burrito bowls are perfect for a week night meal or to cover lunches for the week.
- 1 lb chicken, chopped into bite size pieces or pulled pork (optional)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup corn, thawed and rinsed
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed and roasted
- 1 avocado
- 1 c salsa ( plus, more for topping if desired)
- 1 ½ c rice or quinoa
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- Salt & pepper
- Optional: cheese, shredded
- In a large saucepan of 1½ cups water, cook rice, (or quinoa) let cool then stir in salsa, set aside.
- Heat pan to medium-high with oil, add potatoes and cook about 8-10 minutes until soft, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.*
- In the same pan add chicken and chili powder and cook through.
- Divide rice mixture into serving bowls, top with sweet potato, chicken, avocado, corn, black beans, tomatoes, and cheese.
*Use chili powder on potatoes if not using a meat.