Part of our Pantry Capsule series, these easy enchiladas are packed with flavor and made with ease!
- 1 lb ground meat or shredded chicken*
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 ¼ c stock
- 1 can or box tomato sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce, I used cholula (optional)
- 1 can black beans
- ¾ c cheese, shredded (optional, extra if you would like cheese on the inside of your enchiladas)
- 15 tortillas, I used corn
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Optional: Avocado, sliced cherry tomatoes, plain greek yogurt or sour cream for topping
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- In a saucepan over medium heat add stock, tomato sauce, spices and salt & pepper for 2-3 minutes and then simmer on low. Reserve 1½ c for topping the enchiladas.
- In a saute pan heat oil over med-high heat, add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add garlic and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add meat and cook through, add black beans and mix well.
- Pour remaining sauce on meat, combine well and turn off heat.
- Wrap in paper towels, heat tortillas for 30-45 seconds to soften.
- Spread a spoonful of sauce on the bottom of a 9”x12” pan.
- Fill tortillas with meat mixture close the seam at the bottom, side by side (you can add some cheese inside with the meat mixture if you wish, I didn’t because we are low dairy).
- Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas, use the back of a spoon to spread if needed. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with tomatoes, avocados, and greek yogurt.
*Vegetarians can use 1½ c couscous or quinoa as a meat replacement.