Spicy, flavorful shrimp paired with tangy sweet corn salad, each bite tastes like summer!
- 1 lb large raw shrimp
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp all spice
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp oil (avocado or grapeseed)
Honey-Lime Corn Salad
- 4 cobs of corn, grilled
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 large red onion, diced
- ¼ c chopped cilantro cilantro
- 1 ½ limes, juiced
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: cojita cheese
- Prepare corn by gently peel husks back to within 2 inches of the base.
- Remove silk and smooth husks back into place, completely covering kernels.
- Soak corn for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the marinade by combining all of the spices and oil. Peel shrimp if needed and toss in marinade.
- Prep cilantro, red pepper, onion by combing in a bowl.
- Cover and let sit while you prepare your grill.
- Add corn to heated grill with husk on directly over medium to medium-hot coals turning occasionally about 10-15 minutes
- Remove the corn from the heat.
- Skewer your shrimp.
- Using an oven mitt or a towel carefully peel husk off corn and add back to until kernels have browned some. About 8-10 minutes.
- Add to grill for about 5-8 minutes, turning once.
- Once corn is cooled, cut from cob and add to salad.
- Add honey, lime, salt, and pepper to corn salad. Chill salad if desired.
- Serve shrimp skewer on top of the corn salad.