Looking for a perfect summer meal that won’t heat up the kitchen? This Brazilian-Style Grilled Shrimp Recipe with Corn Salad is the best meal and super easy, too. Keep reading for the full recipe!
Summer has arrived! I (Lauren) know this because today it was 100 degrees outside. Despite the intense heat I absolutely love summer food. You can find me over a hot grill any day, 100 degrees or not. Okra, cherries, watermelon, corn on the cob also have my summer heart. So this week I’m sharing a super simple and flavorful Brazilian-Style Grilled Shrimp Recipe with a cold corn salad inspired by our recent trip to South Beach Miami.
After a full day of getting too much sun we decided to head into the Wynwood arts district and it blew our minds. Not only was the street art incredible we stumbled across this Brazilian brewery that had unique beers and a fusion food truck. One of the dishes we enjoyed was this delicious flavorful Grilled Shrimp Skewers over a cold corn salad. We were both in love, so I had to do my best to recreate this dish as soon as we got home. Just like that this Brazilian-Style Grilled Shrimp Recipe was born!
I did some research to learn more about Brazilian seasoning because the flavors of these shrimp were so full, it amazed me a bland shrimp could pack such a punch and now I know why. The average Brazilian spice mix is about a dozen different spices, so I quickly realized that’s where all that delicious flavor came from. What I came up with is a really simple marinade that’s perfectly spicy. And I paired with the limey sweet corn salad it hits all the right notes.
This also happens to be my favorite way to grill corn. I love the grilled flavor this corn adds to this tangy salad recipe. I highly recommend this if you just enjoy corn on the cob grilled too. Typically I will grill it this way and then pour some herbed butter over it. So delish!
Spicy, flavorful shrimp paired with tangy sweet corn salad, each bite tastes like summer!
- 1 lb large raw shrimp
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp all spice
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp oil (avocado or grapeseed)
Honey-Lime Corn Salad
- 4 cobs of corn, grilled
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 large red onion, diced
- ¼ c chopped cilantro cilantro
- 1 ½ limes, juiced
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: cojita cheese
- Prepare corn by gently peel husks back to within 2 inches of the base.
- Remove silk and smooth husks back into place, completely covering kernels.
- Soak corn for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the marinade by combining all of the spices and oil. Peel shrimp if needed and toss in marinade.
- Prep cilantro, red pepper, onion by combing in a bowl.
- Cover and let sit while you prepare your grill.
- Add corn to heated grill with husk on directly over medium to medium-hot coals turning occasionally about 10-15 minutes
- Remove the corn from the heat.
- Skewer your shrimp.
- Using an oven mitt or a towel carefully peel husk off corn and add back to until kernels have browned some. About 8-10 minutes.
- Add to grill for about 5-8 minutes, turning once.
- Once corn is cooled, cut from cob and add to salad.
- Add honey, lime, salt, and pepper to corn salad. Chill salad if desired.
- Serve shrimp skewer on top of the corn salad.
Love this recipe? You might also enjoy these, Cedar Grilled Salmon with Mango Salsa Recipe, Grilling 101: Everything You Need to Know to Feel Confident Behind the Grill this summer, Grilled Peaches with Pecan Crunch “Ice Cream” (GF + DF), Summer Salads: Watermelon Mint Salad + Rosemary Chicken Salad
Photography by Chase Daniel