This post is sponsored by Godiva and SheKnows Media.
Grand gestures are great. They make for good rom-com cinema and viral YouTube videos that you want to send to your friends. On the other hand, though, grand gestures are rarely sustainable for more than a moment. When I think about the things that bring me joy throughout the day, it’s not those John-Cusack-Say-Anything-Boombox moments, it’s simpler acts of thoughtfulness and small indulgences. It’s when my husband brings me a decaf almond milk latte or when Parker sits still long enough for a snuggle on the couch. It’s an exorbitant amount of baby smiles and a sweet treat for myself after the girls are in bed. Lately those sweet treats have been in the form of Godiva Masterpieces individually wrapped chocolates that you can conveniently buy in your grocery store or drug store—essentially wherever you do your shopping. We partnered with Godiva today to share my favorite pumpkin pie recipe—in mini form!—with indulgent Godiva chocolates as the cherry on top. I love the idea of bringing an extra bag or two to Thanksgiving as a sweet, simple token for guests to take on their way. Keep reading for this not-too-sweet, custard style pumpkin pie recipe that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser! (Just don’t forget the chocolates on top!)
The Best Not Too Sweet, Custard Style Pumpkin Pie Recipe
(adapted from Cooks Illustrated)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 baked mini pie shells (One regular size pie crust makes three 5” mini crusts, so you’ll want two to make six minis)
- 6 Godiva Masterpieces chocolates for topping
- whipped cream (optional for topping)
- Adjust the oven rack to lowest position and place rimmed baking sheet on rack and preheat to 400 degrees.
- Whisk cream, eggs, yolks, and vanilla together in medium bowl. Combine pumpkin puree, sugar, maple syrup, spices, and salt in large saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, until thick and shiny, about 12-15 minutes
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in cream mixture until fully incorporated. Split the mixture between the six still-warm prebaked pie shells.
- Wrap outer edges of crust with foil so that they don’t get overdone. (We didn’t do this until they were about half way done baking—thus they’re a little extra crispy.) Place pies on heated baking sheet in oven and bake pie for 10 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 300 degrees and continue baking until edges of pie are set, 20-35 minutes longer. Instant read thermometer inserted in center should read 175 degrees. Transfer pie to wire rack and cool to room temperature, about 4 hours. Top with whipped cream and Godiva Masterpieces.
Happy Thanksgiving, friends!
Photography by Katie Jameson
What’s your favorite Godiva chocolate? Comment to enter to win a $100 Visa gift card.
No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from SheKnows via firstname.lastname@example.org email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstakes runs from 11/21/17-12/31/17.