A delicious pie that’s perfect for Thanksgiving!
- 1 Pie Crust (this is my favorite recipe!)
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Roll the pie dough into a large disk, crimp the edges and refrigerate while the oven preheats.
- Line the crust with foil and fill the foil with dried beans or pie weights. Bake the crust until the dough is almost set, about 20 minutes. Remove the foil and beans and continue baking until the dough is set and just beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven. Reduce the heat to 325°F.
- While the crust is baking, toast your pecans over medium high heat until fragrant and just beginning to brown. Coarsely chop the nuts and pour them into the baked crust when it comes out of the oven.
- Combine the butter and chocolate in a large bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add the brown sugar, honey, vanilla, bourbon and salt. Mix until blended. Whisk in the eggs.
- Pour the filling over the pecans and bake until the filling is set, about 20 minutes. The filling will still wiggle a bit when it’s ready.
- Allow to rest for 20 minutes before serving.
Keywords: bourbon pecan pie, chocolate and pecan pie, thanksgiving pie recipe