As we approach gift guide season this year, let's get one thing straight: The hunt for the perfect gift for that friend that always gives the best advice, your mom who is always up to babysit in a pinch or your newest SO should not be cause for stress! What do you know about that person? What would they appreciate, but likely never purchase for themselves? As I began compiling this list, I texted a few friends and family members to ask them what was the best gift they ever received and you want to know something? It's always something with a back story. It's the watch that you mentioned in conversation that your boyfriend went back to purchase without you knowing. It's the coziest throw on the market for your sister that's always cold. It's the totally wacky, possibly over-priced graphic tee for your friend with totally inimitable style because you know she'll appreciate it and rock that baby a dozen different ways. Remind yourself that shopping for loved ones is a gift and something that should be fun and joyful. Need a few ideas? That's where we come in! Today is the first in our gift guide series that will be going live over the next week so keep a look out for the others! Keep scrolling to read why we picked what we did...
- Cashmere joggers could quite possibly be the ultimate indulgence. You think you don't need them, but then you slip them on and wonder how you will ever take them off. These by White + Warren are beyond dreamy.
- One of my favorite brands for year-round wear, Mirth is my go to for everything from casual-yet-chic errand running to a tropical holiday.
- Whoever you gift these to will be thanking you for YEARS to come. I wear them constantly and now my girlfriends that we travel with all have the same ones. We look like sister wives when on vacation!
- Noonday Collection is one of my favorite accessory brands. They're based in Austin and are on a mission to provide jobs and opportunities for women in the US and around the world. Plus, these earrings would be just as cute with a graphic tee as they would be with a flowy, evening dress.
- I'm currently obsessing over everything this brand is creating right now, but this piece in particular I want to wear now with a chunky black sweater and boots and in the spring with a tiny ribbed tank and mules.
- This Australian line of sunnies is affordable and I love this style-- large enough to prevent squint wrinkles, you know?
- If you've been a long-time reader I'm going to sound like a broken record, but an outerwear investment is one of the best closet investments you can make! In the wintertime, it gets so much use and a statement coat can really make a style impact. I'd go for this one in the green, but all three color ways are 100.
- So many things I like about this pick. For starters, the price point, but additionally that it's both on trend and totally classic at the same time and you could buy it for your friend / neighbor / mother / sister all the same.
- Speaking of a classic, these boots are one of those rare fashion pieces that meet at the intersection of cool, comfortable, and totally practical. Your gift recipient's feet will thank you.
- Whether she's running her own company or making moves at large firm, this top transitions perfect from the office to happy hour and beyond.
- I love an accessory that feels season-less. Pair this one with a sweater for now and on the beach with a swimsuit for later.
- The ultimate western boot from our favorite boot makers, Miron Crosby. Don't sleep on this color way before it's sold out.
- Large enough for your laptop, but small enough that things don't get lost, this is your new favorite every day bag... or your friend's... or your sister's...
- Not at all mad about the eighties vibes this sweatshirt is putting out.
- Found at the corner of 'pretty chic' and 'this is all I want to be wearing' is this sneaker...
- The perfect non-cheesy graphic tee is hard to come by but a necessity for when you don't want a solid, but have been wearing your stripes on repeat.
- One of my favorite things to wear when you want to look like you tried, but you really didn't have time.
- NBD, only the best NIKE sneaker ever made, imho.
- Love a statement skirt, especially one that's black and white and graphic like this Katie Kime number.
- This is very literally the everywhere, every day, every place sweater. Wear it over yoga pants on your way to barre class, over a pencil skirt to the office, or over jeans on the weekends. You might need to grab one for yourself, too.
Leopard bag is everYthing
Jen Pinkston says
Eek! I know! That one is on my personal list!