When did Memorial Day become so far away in the rear view mirror? It seems like just yesterday we were toasting (with sparkling water) the unofficial start to summer and now we are in the thick of it. The kids are (mostly) out for school, traffic is lighter on the freeways in the morning, and we are taking off this weekend for a fun adventure on the Llano river– all sure signs that summer is upon us! Not to be the bearer of bad news, but Labor Day will be here in a mere 87 days, so what do you say we do our best to soak up as much summer in the next three months as we can, starting with this weekend? Here are 10 things to get you started, plus some links we love from around the web!
1. How’s your closet looking these days? If you haven’t already, pack up those winter coats and anything else you won’t be requiring during this balmy season and hide them under the bed or in another closet. Out of sight out of mind. (And if you’re in Los Angeles, consider signing up for Catherine’s Fashion Feng Shui workshop to help you really hone in on your personal style!)
3. Make a Summer Bucket List. New restaurants you want to try? Fun museums? Adventures with the kids? Put them all on paper for a quick reference next time you’re looking for something to do. Our bucket list includes dinner at Olamaie, a morning spent picking peaches, making peach cobbler with Parker, and swimming at Deep Eddy. (What’s on yours?!)
4. Write down 10 things your thankful for.
5. Take care of your skin this weekend. Spend some time exfoliating, sloughing off that winter skin and follow it up with a face mask. While you’re at it, make sure your facial sunscreen for every day use is up to date and handy. (Loved hearing what these girls had to say about their skin care routines.)
6. In an exercise rut? Try out a new class this weekend. I’ve been loving barre, but would love to take a few prenatal yoga classes as this pregnancy nears the end. Don’t want to leave the house? Here are 15 workouts you can do for free from home!
7. Speaking of exercise, try walking somewhere that you would normally drive.
8. There’s no time like the present to start a new summer book! The Reminders and Rich People Problems are both on my summer reading list. This book sounds incredible, just not sure my emotional pregnant state could handle it. (Related- I cried through much of Wonder Woman.)
9. You know that room / closet / drawer / cabinet that’s desperate to be organized? Well, there’s no time like the present! (This room inspired me to tackle Parker’s room last weekend and it makes me so happy now every time we are playing in there!)
10. Set a meal plan for the coming week. Literally nothing makes our week run smoother than knowing ahead of time what we are doing for dinner each night. Here are some ideas to get you started!
image sources via Fashion Me Now