A few months before Parker was born, I met with two gals in the neighborhood for a late breakfast. One was a friend of mind that I’ve known for years and the other was a friend of hers, Dawn Shand Johnson, a former beauty editor and makeup artist who was in the process of launching a new beauty site, Pink Kale. She explained that when she was pregnant with her first child she began thinking a lot about what goes into our bodies whether it’s via food or products or other means. Being in the beauty industry she began hunting for the best products that weren’t just great at what they do, but safe and non-toxic as well. She’s sharing her favorite eco-friendly products for summer with us today, but hop on over to her site for more tips!
1. Kjaer Weis Lip Tint Compact in Sweetness, this has a beautiful beachy orange color and it keeps your lips moisturized, $48 with the case, $24 for the refill.
2. ILIA Fade Into You Powder Brush, mattifying translucent bamboo powder and hydrating aloe extract absorbs shine and evens out skin tone. Perfect for on the go touchups. $34
3. Juice Beauty SPF 30 Tinted Moisturizer, great multi tasking product, gives a nice light coverage perfect for summer days. $29
4. ILIA Neon Angel, add a little color to your summer with this bold magenta color that has a semi matt finish, $26
5. RMS Bronzer, Build-able color, that keeps your skin glowing and looking sun kissed. The perfect color for light to medium skin. $28
6. NCLA Nail Wraps What Filter Should I Use, easy non toxic way to do nail art on your nails, $16
7. Nail Jenna Hipp’s What’s Not Now The New Brights, “5 Free”, non-toxic nails polishes. This set is perfect for the summer, it has all the shades you need all in mini form. $25, Beautys Most Wanted
8. Jane Iredale D20 Hydration Spray, this is a great way to set your make up and refresh it during the day, its also 3oz so its perfect for travel. $27
9. One Love Organic Vitamin C Facial Serum, has a high concentration of vitamins and antioxidants to help protect against discoloration and the effects of the summer sun. $68
10. RCK Body Glow, adds a hint of color and sheen to the body in case you are looking for a little extra summer glow. Great for covering any imperfections, does not come off on clothes and its all paraben free, no harsh chemicals, fragrance and gluten free and vegan. $49.95
11. Suntegrity Natural Moisturizer Face Sunscreen & Primer SPF 30, non-greasy, chemical free Broad Spectrum Protection, that is also infused with hydrating and calming ingredients. Rated a 1 on EWG skin deeps data base, which is a fantastic sunscreen rating. $45,
12. Yarok Feed Your Sunshine Hair Serum, This helps protect your hair and scalp from pool chemicals and the effects of the sun with a blend of natural vitamins, minerals, and oils. You can use before swimming to help protect hair from the chlorine, and ocean. Also can be used after sun exposure to help hydrate and sooth stressed hair. Gluten free and vegan. $26.60
Image via Nordstrom