Happy Friday, friends! I am going to be working on a shoot for Monday these next couple of days, so Aaron and I took a 1/2 day beach trip to Malibu yesterday and it was heaven! I caught up with my current read at Dume Cove Beach, did a little shopping at Cross Creek, and enjoyed fish tacos overlooking the Pacific. Well, they say there is a first time for everything and this is the first time I have ever talked Aaron (my hubs) into writing a post here on the blog! To give you a little background, about a year ago Aaron started going to the gym every day. He would come back and tell me stories about all of the eccentric personalities that workout there– like the guy who brings 2 people with him every time he works out: one to encourage him and one to hold his iPad. I mean, you can’t make this stuff up! (Disclaimer, though, we do live really close to Hollywood which probably accounts for some of it.) Why do gyms bring out the strangest behavior in perfectly normal people? To bring to a close our week of man-centric posts, and in case you are considering joining a gym, I talked Aaron into putting together this list as guide to what not to do… (Keep reading for the winners of our giveaway below!)
The following are all actual behaviors that have been witnessed at our local gym. Please enjoy!
1. Don’t sit on the Chest Fly Machine and read the morning’s edition of The LA Times. There is a place and time my friend, and that is neither.
2. Don’t wash your protein drink out in the water fountain. Gross.
3. Don’t spread out your personal belongings among multiple machines to reserve them when you can only use one at a time. That is not the way to make friends, my friend.
4. Don’t jump rope in the middle of the free weight section.
5. Don’t swap out your water bottle with a Venti Frappucino. It’s not the same thing and it’s kind of weird.
6. The only thing worse than public mirror selfies are public mirror selfies while you’re holding up your shirt and checking out your abs from about 20 yards back. Don’t.
7. Don’t listen to your music so loud in your earbuds that I can sing along. Your sixty year old self can thank me later for this one.
8. If you drop your weights so hard at the end of a set that they shake the ground, you should consider lifting less.
9. Shaving naked in the bathroom mirror is not okay. Wear a towel, friend.
Did I miss anything? What are your gym pet peeves?
*** And now without further ado, the winner of our giveaway!***
The winner of the Weber Gas Grill is Broni Slavens
The winner of the Klein Tool Set is Kara Stallings
Someone will be in touch shortly with details for redeeming your prize!
Have a great weekend, friends!