One of my favorite things about summer is the acceptance of a pared down, effortless style. Entertaining is as simple as a few shrimp skewers on the grill to top off a big salad of fresh farmers market greens, and getting dressed is as easy as reaching for your favorite summer dress and a pair of espadrilles. Shouldn’t your beauty routine follow suit? There’s nothing better than a fresh, sun-kissed skin look in the summer… except maybe the extra 15 minutes of sleep this simple beauty routine will get you! Here’s one way to get the look…
- Step 1: Have you jumped on the Clarisonic train yet? I was skeptical at first, but there is really nothing like it. My sister bought a generic version somewhere and it broke after just a couple of months, so I would recommend going with the real deal. Use it once a day to get rid of any dead skin or impurities on the skin’s surface. While I love the brush, my skin is kind of finicky so I don’t use their cleansers. In fact, the only cleanser I use on my face anymore is Dr. Brandt’s Daily Exfoliating Cleanser. I have tried everything in the face wash department and honestly nothing compares… at least not for my skin. If there was only one product in the whole world that I couldn’t live without, this would be it.
- Step 2: To get a more hydrated look, I recently started using Molton Brown’s Exfoliating Hydra-Mask once a week. It gets rid of any rough patches and also leaves your skin feeling ultra-moisturized.
- Step 3: Heavy foundation looks like overkill in the summer. Clinique’s Moiusture Surge CC cream is the ultimate multi-tasker: It hydrates, lightly covers, and provide protection from the sun.
- Steph 4: To get that sun-kissed look with all of the free-radicals that come along with UV rays and prematurely age skin, go with a bronzer instead. I have used Nars Laguna bronzer for the last 10 years and love it! Apply using a large brush focusing on your T-zone, cheek bones, and chin. Blend well.
- Step 5: Last, but not least, the one item I can never leave home without, mascara! I am currently obsessing over Too Faced Lash Injection. It creates little mascara tubes that form around your eyelashes and wipe off easily with warm water.
What are your secrets to summer skin? Do share!Initial Image