I don’t know about you guys, but I am totally caught up in all things Valentines right now. Parker and I made heart-shaped chocolate chip cookies this afternoon. She was a huge help, let me tell you. Despite the mess I cleaned up afterwards, I still have big pancake plans for Saturday morning. I know that she’s too little to get it, understand, or even remember, but I am loving celebrating this fun little girly holiday with my mini. We’ve been scheming up valentines for her little friends over here. I love these that Minted makes. They’re such a refreshing take on the generic box cards at the supermarket. If you’re feeling a little more crafty, though, (and I hope you are!) might I suggest these super easy and adorable printables that Rae Ann Kelly created for us? (She also created these place cards.) See what I mean? Her talent knows no limits. Keep reading for the instructions and you can also get more of Rae and her adorable tribe here!
- felt in various colors (wool blend felts are my favorite to work with)
- paper straws
- tacky, craft or felt glue
- chalk or colored pencils for tracing
- THIS TEMPLATE
- twine or ribbon
- goggly eyes, glitter glue or other craft supplies (optional)
- Download, print on card stock and cutout template. Lay your felt and banner template down and trace and cutout (for reference, the banner is about 3-1/4 in by 4-1/4 in). Trace and cutout any other shapes or letters you plan on decorating with.
- Place a paper straw at the top of the banner and cut so it’s a little bit wider than the banner. Next, fold the felt over the straw and glue in place.
- Working on the non-glue side, lay out your shape(s) and/or letters however you like and glue down. add additional embellishments (goggly eyes, etc.) if you would like.
- Thread twine through straw, tie in a knot, tape to cards provided with template and your done… ready for valentines day!
Photos by Melissa Valladares