Back in October, we published a Halloween post, chock full of cute kiddos, yummy bites, and some of our favorite Minted items. A few days later I received an email from Rae Ann Kelly, the designer behind Minted‘s ‘Blackboard Perfection’ collection that we incorporated into our party decor. You guys. She is incredible! You have to check out her site, but first keep reading for this creative and simple take on the Thanksgiving place card using everyone’s favorite social medium, Instagram.
- 3×3 inch instagram pictures, printed (https://kanvess.com, http://
www.foxgram.com, or http://www.oddprints.com is great because you can have any picture printed to 3×3 – or you can use walgreens or shutterfly’s 4×4 instagram prints and trim)
- Exact-o knife
- Template, downloaded and printed
- Scissors or paper cutter
- Find a good instagram picture of each of your guests and order a 3×3 inch print of each.
- Download and print the place card template on card stock. (TEC thanksgiving place cards)
- Cut on dotted rectangles. Using an exact-o knife, cut along the diagonal dashed lines.
- Slide the corners of your pictures in the cuts so they stay in place.
- Lay or prop up at each place setting with a cute pencil! (pictured: kids made modern mini colored pencils http://www.houzz.com/photos/
4831665/Kid-Made-Modern-Mini- Colored-Pencils-contemporary- desk-accessories)
For more great Thanksgiving table ideas, check out Rae’s teepees and bingo printables!DIY by Rae Ann Kelly / Photography by Stacy Jacobsen