Are you dying for this already? I am! A couple months ago, Eden offered to share a DIY with us while I was pairing down our editorial calendar for a little maternity hiatus. If you are familiar with her blog, Sugar and Charm, then you already know that I jumped at the opportunity! Her site is chock full of inspiration, practical DIYs and more delicious recipes than one can possibly make. And a bar cart DIY? Could it be any more perfect? I think not! Keep reading for the full instructional and thank you so much for sharing, Eden!
- Purchased a utility cart. I got mine from Sams Club for $60 (http://www.samsclub.com/sams/
- Assemble the cart and make sure to leave the bumpers off, it looks much nicer without them!
- Sand the metal as much as you can. The more the better, use different grades of sand paper too.
- Tape off the wheels, and spray paint the cart any color you want!
- The cart comes with plastic you can place on each shelf. I chose to only include one for the bottom.
- I covered the bottom plastic piece in upholstery leather from Leather Hide Store (https://www.leatherhidestore.
com/upholstery-leather) and used hot glue to adhere it to the back of the plastic, effortless but looks chic!!
- I also cut a small piece of leather for the handle on the bar cart. I also adhered the leather to the handle with a small amount of hot glue and it’s very sturdy!
All photos and instructions by Eden Passante of Sugar and Charm