Do you remember the Sex and the City episode about secret single behavior? Carrie laments about the loss of her time to do all of the things that you can do when there isn’t a guy around. For Charlotte, that was examining her pores in one of those magnifying mirrors and for Miranda that meant sleeping in those weird moisturizing gloves. It may not qualify as secret and single, but I definitely have my own husband’s-out-of-town behavior. My favorite thing to do is watch something really girly and sappy– like Grey’s Anatomy or The Notebook, eat semi-sweet chocolate chips straight out of the bag, and pour myself a glass of red wine. Anybody else have secret single or husband’s-out-of-town behavior? Whether your plans involve a guy or not tonight, if you’re looking for something sweet and sappy, these are the top romance flicks on my list:
1. (500) Days of Summer– How great is this rooftop dinner party scene?
2. Pretty Woman- An oldie but a goodie… And you thought polka dots were a new trend
3. Casablanca- I first saw this in college and thus began my obsession with traveling to Morocco. So good!
4. Love Actually- Having trouble writing something in that Valentine’s Day card? This little phrase will go a long way.
5. The Notebook- And here began our obsession with Ryan Gosling. Also, women everywhere went in search of retro bikinis that summer.
This is the first trip Aaron and I ever took together. We booked plane tickets with miles that we both happened to have on the same airline, bought train tickets and traveled from Rome to Amsterdam for three weeks. This picture was taken in Cinque Terre, a town we loved so much that we cancelled our next stop and stayed a little while longer. We had been dating for about 9 months at this point and got engaged 4 months later. Happy Valentine’s Day, husband! (PS. Look how long our hair was!)